Tuesday, July 6, 2010

It's a tradition

We've got a sizable clump of lovage in the garden. I have to admit that I don't really use it for much. Some years I don't use it for anything. It just sits there and grows. Every year I'm amazed at how it grows, and every year I force Travis, who's a big guy, to stand beside the clump so I can take a picture. While Travis doesn't look forward to the annual "take a picture of you beside the lovage " tradition like Thanksgiving turkeys, Christmas trees and Birthday cakes, he is a cooperative guy. 


He's over 6'3" and the lovage is at least a couple of feet taller than that. Right after we take the picture we perform the annual "cut the seed heads off the lovage" ceremony. We added that ceremony to the tradition after we discovered that lovage spreads like crazy if you don't do something about the seed heads.

No comments:

Post a Comment